My problem? I disabled the Wi-Fi on my laptop. I wish it was a switch... unfortunately, it was disabled via the "FN" key on my now malfunctioning keyboard. My only way of using this laptop is via an "external keyboard" and "Ethernet connection".
So, any chance someone could help me fix this? I'd prefer to have one non-functional device than two.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First before you reset BIOS is to open Device Manager and right click on the Wifi Adapter and see if you'll get an Enable Option. Click on Enable close everything out then test if your Wifi will work or not.
- If it doesn't work go ahead and proceed with resetting BIOS.
- While the laptop is booting up repeatedly tap on F2 until it loads into BIOS, once in press F9 to reset it to defaults then test it again.
- If all these will not work do run System Restore, restore it back to an earlier date or time when your wireless adapter is still active.
- Here's how to run System Restore: http/windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc