How do I restore apps and contacts that I saved to my mini sd card back to my phone after factory reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stronggirl

Estimable
Aug 9, 2014
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 that had a virus, so I reset it to factory settings. Before I did this, I saved my photos to the Cloud, and my apps and contacts to my sd card. I removed my sd card before I reset it. Once I got the phone going again, I put the sd card back in. I don't know how to get my contacts or apps from my sd card installed back onto my phone! Does anybody know how to do this?

Solution
It's easy if you backed it up before. Just install KIES software. Connect your phone to computer using USB and open KIES. It will then detect your phone. Click on the Backup/Restore Tab and then select restore data. Click on Find Folder and browse the backup data folder that you had created earlier and click ok. It will then automatically restore all your apps that you backed up earlier :)

You just need to signin to your cloud from your phone and then you can get back your pictures from cloud folder.

Thanks

DigiJedi

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2014
open your phonebook>settings>import/export>import from storage, if it fails try moving the vcf file for example if it is on the external memory card move it to the internal memory

Zahid Hasan

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
It's easy if you backed it up before. Just install KIES software. Connect your phone to computer using USB and open KIES. It will then detect your phone. Click on the Backup/Restore Tab and then select restore data. Click on Find Folder and browse the backup data folder that you had created earlier and click ok. It will then automatically restore all your apps that you backed up earlier :)

You just need to signin to your cloud from your phone and then you can get back your pictures from cloud folder.

Thanks

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.