Does it still show the Toshiba when you first turn it on? Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do a hard reboot first, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still get stuck on the black screen try booting it up on BIOS and see if it will load or not.
- Once BIOS is loaded do check if the HDD is listed or not.
- If it's still listed please do reinstall Windows using the factory reset disc.
- Last option if it will still get stuck on the black screen is to connect an external monitor and see if it will show any display from it.
- If there will be a display on the external monitor that means its the built in display that is faulty.