how do I root my android phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Run a search in Google or in the Play Store for Kingo Root. You download that to your PC even if it's a Windows system, then connect the phone via USB. Before you do that, you need to enable Developer Options by finding the Build Number in Settings, and tapping it seven times. Once you've done that, you can change the USB settings that Kingo will tell you to do.

All that said, the first thing to consider is what you hope to achieve by rooting.
Run a search in Google or in the Play Store for Kingo Root. You download that to your PC even if it's a Windows system, then connect the phone via USB. Before you do that, you need to enable Developer Options by finding the Build Number in Settings, and tapping it seven times. Once you've done that, you can change the USB settings that Kingo will tell you to do.

All that said, the first thing to consider is what you hope to achieve by rooting.

Solution

Jomama466

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015

Thanks very much for the answer. My goal is to control the use of the micro sd card in the phone. It seems that Android determines which apps can be installed on the card and lmost all of them wind up on the phone itself. Consequently, even tho I have plenty of room on the card, I cant install any more apps as there is no more room on the phone side

Jomama466

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015

As well as and usually preferably after rooting but in your case, you could use it to move heavy data, say, photos, to the SD Card. You may be confused when you see the system has two SD Cards. One of those is built in memory and the one you need to move files to is the external..

Status
Not open for further replies.