How do I save downloads to my SD card Galaxy Core Prime

montana123

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
I have no storage space on my phone everytime I try to download something it's telling me insufficient storage. I have move some of my app app to my SD card, the ones that allow it but I'm trying to find out if there is a setting for downloading directly to the SD card for example pictures, anything that's being downloaded.

Solution
Well, it is going to depend on the app you are downloading through. The standard apps for photos, music, etc., often don't have the option to change where they are stored, but you can check the settings in each one.

You can try getting an app, or few, that do have the option, or you can do the following to work around it.

You will need access to a computer. Connect the phone to the computer via USB cord. Create a folder for the items being moved and then move (not copy) the items from the phone to the computer. Photos, videos, music, etc. Not apps. Then organize them how you wish. Putting them in their own folders, renaming them, etc. Once you have it all the way you want, copy it all over to the phones SD card. I say copy now, as it...
Well, it is going to depend on the app you are downloading through. The standard apps for photos, music, etc., often don't have the option to change where they are stored, but you can check the settings in each one.

You can try getting an app, or few, that do have the option, or you can do the following to work around it.

You will need access to a computer. Connect the phone to the computer via USB cord. Create a folder for the items being moved and then move (not copy) the items from the phone to the computer. Photos, videos, music, etc. Not apps. Then organize them how you wish. Putting them in their own folders, renaming them, etc. Once you have it all the way you want, copy it all over to the phones SD card. I say copy now, as it is best to save a copy of them on the computer (or a cloud account) so that you don't lose them should the phone get lost, stolen, die, or they get deleted, etc.

This will not work with apps. Your phone is running an older Android OS, so moving apps to the card to run from it (other than the few that do allow it) won't be possible.

Solution