How do i set my downloading default to my sd card on my samsung galaxy j1 lollie pop virsion 5.1.1 ?

Timtam9

Commendable
Nov 16, 2016
How do i set the downloading default to my sd card on my samsung galaxy j1 version 5.1.1 ?

Every time i format the sd card and then go to download an app it tells me not enought storage even tho i have 14 gigs left on my sd card

Solution
Well, since you are using Android "Lollipop" you can't set the SD card as "Internal" storage. However, if you can upgrade the phone to "Marshmallow", then you may be able to get it to work. I say may because sometimes manufacturers restrict the option, even in the right version. Why, who knows.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in...
Well, since you are using Android "Lollipop" you can't set the SD card as "Internal" storage. However, if you can upgrade the phone to "Marshmallow", then you may be able to get it to work. I say may because sometimes manufacturers restrict the option, even in the right version. Why, who knows.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Unless you have the phone rooted, then that is a whole different thing, and you should post the question in the "Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking" Forum. http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-117.html

Solution