How do I setup surround sound in my pc?

sagnikganguly96

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
I've a 5.1 home theatre system which has 6 VCR Sockets for 2 front speakers (R L), 2 rear speakers labelled as "SL" & "SR" and 1 centre speaker and 1 woofer all this for output speakers and 2 for Input (1 labelled as "R" & 1 labelled as "L"). I've recieved a AUX cable with the home theatre.
In my pc, I've 3 sockets labelled as "MIC", "Sound" (not sure), & "Line-In"(not sure). And I've VIA HD Audio Sound card.

I want to know, how I can setup surround sound with these changes?

Solution
You bought a 5.1 speaker set that only accepts stereo signals.it may be a 5.1 system but its most definitely not a real surround sound system at all .

You just use the aux 3.5mm to twin rca cable you got included , 3.5mm into green audio output in the rear of your PC , red & white rca into the aux inputs on the rear of your sub.

sagnikganguly96

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
My home theatre is: Krisons Bazooka 5.1, here is the link: https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjZ3bKXsZLWAhWJiY8KHS9WBE8YABAJGgJzYg&sig=AOD64_3KFTdGP7rS2Ms6FISO9TyckPX58w&ctype=70&q=&ved=0ahUKEwiJ8qyXsZLWAhUjTo8KHboUBWMQ500ILQ&adurl=

And my motherboard is: Gigabyte GA-H61M-SP2-B3

You bought a 5.1 speaker set that only accepts stereo signals.it may be a 5.1 system but its most definitely not a real surround sound system at all .

You just use the aux 3.5mm to twin rca cable you got included , 3.5mm into green audio output in the rear of your PC , red & white rca into the aux inputs on the rear of your sub.

Solution
You will get 'simulated' surround.
Whether its good or not will depend on the processing of the speaker system

Prologic (simulated surround) can sound really good most of the time - its not 'real' 5.1 audio though.

You will just have to try it.

Enabling 'winsonic' in enhancements under playback devices can help , or it may make it sound worse.

Splitdead

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017

I am having a similar problem .
Can't i use a splitter like this:-https://www.amazon.in/SeCro-Female-Stereo-Connector-Convered/dp/B01MQZBGMR/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1507217084&sr=1-5&keywords=av+to+aux.

What exactly is your problem?
That splitter you have linked to - it will let you connect eg your phone with RCA cables to an amplifier having RCA inputs.

Splitdead

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
Actually my problem is that my surround sound system gives an RCA output.But when connecting through an aux cable only two front speakers work.I was wondering maybe these 'twin rca adapters' might solve this problem.My speakers-Philips DSP 2500(i didnt buy them but someone gifted me)

Assuming that your Philips speakers has only analog inputs thru 6 RCA audio inputs (FL, FR, C, BL, BR, Sub), and your audio card (internal or external) has three audio outputs (stereo front, stereo back, and center plus subwoofer), then these "splitters" would do the job.

Splitdead

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
i ordered them hope they work fine.thank you.:)