how do I take out my acer inspire switch 10e out of hibernation mode

Barbara_44

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
My Acer inspire switch 10E laptop has gone into hibernation has gone into hibernation mode. As it doesn't have a removable battery how do I take it out of hibernation mode?

Solution
I had the same problem and here's what got me out of hibernation mode. Take out the battery pack. Plug to a power source using the power adapter. Turn on the laptop. The screen shows "hibernating" and that turning wheel on a blue background. Cut off the power simply by pulling the plug (as in a power outage). After the laptop goes completely dead, put back the power adapter and turn the computer on again. You can now go into logon screen and into Windows. Turn off the computer the normal way. Then replace the battery. You should be ok from there.

Barbara_44

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Barbara_44 : "Acer Aspire switch 10E in hibernation mode"

I have n Acer aspire switch 10E which has just gone into hibernation mode. How do I take it out of hibernation mode so that I can use it?

Well all batteries are removable. How easy they are to remove is a whole other story.

First, if it is under warranty still, then contact the manufacturer.

If it isn't under warranty then you can either wait until the battery drains completely and it will turn off on its own (which could take a while) or open it up and pull the battery. That one I would only do if you feel comfortable doing so. You may want to search online for videos on how to access the battery on that particular model. Then you would get a better idea on how to do it.

Roy Regalado

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017

Roy Regalado

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
I had the same problem and here's what got me out of hibernation mode. Take out the battery pack. Plug to a power source using the power adapter. Turn on the laptop. The screen shows "hibernating" and that turning wheel on a blue background. Cut off the power simply by pulling the plug (as in a power outage). After the laptop goes completely dead, put back the power adapter and turn the computer on again. You can now go into logon screen and into Windows. Turn off the computer the normal way. Then replace the battery. You should be ok from there.

Solution