How do I take pictures and videos with my built-in webcam on my Medion Akoya?

NGoodier

Estimable
Aug 26, 2014
Hi all, :)

I have received this Medion Akoya laptop from a friend as they upgraded and I cannot figure out how to use my built-in webcam, and they never needed it so they couldn't help me. People have told me I need to hold Fn and F9 together to activate the camera. I have done this and it makes a noise (the same noise it makes when you insert something into the a USB drive, and then if I hold them down again it makes the noise of when you remove from the socket). But other than that it makes no difference.

Others have said to download and update Adobe Flash, which I have and have tested. It works fine. I have also looked in the Start menu > All Programs and there's nothing in there whatsoever to do with my webcam. When I go to Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers, I see 'USB 2.0 camera' with a webcam icon. But when I click on it, it's just properties and I can't do anything other than view the properties.

The properties say:

Manufacturer: Unavailable
Model: USB 2.0 Camera
Model Number: Unavailable
Categories: Webcam
Description: Unavailable

This does not change when I hold Fn + F9 together and it makes either of the two noises.

I have gone to numerous 'test my webcam' sites and all tell me the same thing - get Flash and/or hold Fn + F9... Please help me out!!! :D

Thank you in advance! :love:

PLEASE HELP! I need to submit a video today!