how do I transfer photos from a samsung j3 that wont turn on to an hp notebook running windows 7

misskarmasmom

Estimable
May 8, 2015
My phone was submerged in water. And now it will turn on for a couple of minutes and then shut down. Is there a way to still get my photos out of it and transfer them to my laptop

Solution
Well first you need to let it dry for days... with the battery out if at all possible. Water does way loads of damage to devices but if the battery is in and wet that is worse. Also remove any SIM or SD cards.

The more water and the longer it was in it, the longer you need to leave it turned off and drying. We are talking days, not hours. Longer is way better.

Once dry, for sure, then try turning on. It may stay on long enough for you to get data off of it via a USB cord connected to a computer.

However, if it won't stay on at all, there really is no way to get data off of it.
Well first you need to let it dry for days... with the battery out if at all possible. Water does way loads of damage to devices but if the battery is in and wet that is worse. Also remove any SIM or SD cards.

The more water and the longer it was in it, the longer you need to leave it turned off and drying. We are talking days, not hours. Longer is way better.

Once dry, for sure, then try turning on. It may stay on long enough for you to get data off of it via a USB cord connected to a computer.

However, if it won't stay on at all, there really is no way to get data off of it.

Solution