How do I undo CD/DVD boot, if installation didn't work properly?

pengeo

Commendable
May 20, 2016
After the automatic upgrade to Windows 10, my toshiba satellite l50a19n laptop engages blue screen issues.
I have downloaded the Microsoft tool to instal Windows 10 again via DVD, I changed the boot settings to DVD, but the installation didn't work. I had the loop message with the "installation media".
I want to boot my laptop normally [not via DVD] but I don't know how. The oly think that keeps on happening is booting through the DVD, pressing any key & the installation loop.

Any ideas?

Mant thanks,
Penny

Solution
your pc doesn't know what its doing..

is there anything on laptop you want to keep? try this: https://www.winhelp.us/recover-files-using-puppy-linux.html

i would suggest you try this:

nformation:
Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:
To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:
Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and...

pengeo

Commendable
May 20, 2016

Thanks for your reply,

I tried removing the DVD, but it brings up "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key".
The thing is that I found a way how to boot through DVD but I have no idea how to "select proper boot device". No "F"something key seems to work.

ps. this loop message "The computer started using Windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart your computer so that Windows starts normally. The, insert the installation media and restart the upgrade. (Do not select |custom[advanced]| to perform an upgrade. |custom[advanced]| installs a new copy of Windows and deletes your programs and settings.)"

Colif

Distinguished
your pc doesn't know what its doing..

is there anything on laptop you want to keep? try this: https://www.winhelp.us/recover-files-using-puppy-linux.html

i would suggest you try this:

nformation:
Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:
To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:
Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
Click Yes to continue.
When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.
As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted. When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Other-Satellite-Laptop-Models/Factory-Restore/td-p/258371

windows is pretty much dead so might as well go back in time and then use that iso copy of win 10 to upgrade to win 10,

Solution

Colif

Distinguished
its unfortunate as i would normally just suggest using installer but your pc has two opposite reactions to the installer, it either wants or doesn't. SO factory restore is only way to bypass the USB altogether and put the original install back on. then you can use the win 10 installer to put win 10 back on again.

if you can backup the info by putting it in another computer and copy stuff of it that way, it might remove need to do the linux thing.