How do I uninstall ACER Empowering Technology for Windows XP sp3....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flustivus

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
In other words, are there any performance hits of caveats around entirely uninstalling the whole software suite? Haven't been able to use it's back-up for several years: it's an atavism at this point, and I'm backing up via alternative means. Truth is, I "exit" the program every time I boot up; and it seems I'd be better off just removing the whole thing. It's a memory hog.

So is it safe to just uninstall it via Windows Add/Remove?

Thanks in advance for your sentient sentences.

Solution
If u uninstall that the windows Xp do some malfunctioning. So its waste of time. Solution: Clean install windows activate that, then install drivers from manufacturer website except that software. then update windows.

hytecgowthaman

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
If u uninstall that the windows Xp do some malfunctioning. So its waste of time. Solution: Clean install windows activate that, then install drivers from manufacturer website except that software. then update windows.

Solution

Flustivus

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Yeh, fine, except that it's an OEM, and Acer doesn't ship it with a Windows CD. There was a class action lawsuit over this, the settlement of which forced them to offer a Windows CD to purchasers, but I found out about it too late. I'll never buy an OEM-customized computer again after all the bull it put me through.

Heironious

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Same crap with my first computer, an Acer, no CD...to this day it still runs but it is slow as hell and I can't reinstall. So it has like 7 years of crap on it lol.

I forced myself to build my own computer. I found it so easy I built another one with parts I upgraded with from my first build, for a friend. If I bought my computer I have now I would have been paying Alienware type prices for less performance for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.