Solved! How do I update SSD firmware on an ASUS Q550L?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abchutch

Prominent
May 20, 2017
I have an ASUS Q550L. While trying to restore my iPhone from ITunes, it keeps freezing up and finally after about an hour or two of trying to do the restore, I will get a message that there is not enough disk space on my computer. When looking at task manager it will show that my disk space will often go up to 100% and always gets that high when running iTunes.
In some blog I saw that it could be because my SSD firmware was never updated to run on Windows 10, given that the computer originally came with Windows 8.

Any help would be appreciated.

abchutch

Prominent
May 20, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from abchutch : "How do I update SSD firmware on an ASUS Q550L?"

I have an ASUS Q550L. While trying to restore my iPhone from ITunes, it keeps freezing up and finally after about an hour or two of trying to do the restore, I will get a message that there is not enough disk space on my computer. When looking at task manager it will show that my disk space will often go up to 100% and always gets that high when running iTunes.
In some blog I saw that it could be because my SSD firmware was never updated to run on Windows 10, given that the computer originally came with Windows 8.

Any help would be appreciated.

USAFRet

Illustrious

What does drive firmware have to do with available space?

Status
Not open for further replies.