How do i use my headsets mic insted of the laptop one?

Harrison_19

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017
i have an acer TraveMate P238-M which only has one audio jack, so its a combo. when i plug in my headset with an adapter so the mic and the headsets speakers combine, it only recognizes the headsets speaker and uses the laptops microphone by default. the headsets work phone on my iPhone. I have tried plugging in the microphone jack from the headset alone but the laptop thinks its headphones. The other day it worked perfectly untill the next day. Please Help!!!!!

Solution
Just because it is a singular port does not mean it is input/output. In many cases it can be just output, so only headphones would work and not microphones. Should that be the case, you will need either a USB adapter to make that headphones/mic combo work, or a headphones/mic combo that comes with a USB to start.
Just because it is a singular port does not mean it is input/output. In many cases it can be just output, so only headphones would work and not microphones. Should that be the case, you will need either a USB adapter to make that headphones/mic combo work, or a headphones/mic combo that comes with a USB to start.

Solution