how do you format the sim card. It says I must clear it first, but when I do that all data will be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2018
How to format the sd card for my samsung J1. The directions say to clear the card, but that in doing so, all data will be erased and cannot be gotten back. Does this mean all data just from the card - or all data from the phone?

Solution
Well the SIM card (which is what you said in the title) is the card that gives your phone access to calls, etc. So I am going with the SD card mentioned in the post itself. And yes, to format a card that clears all data on it. It can only format the data on the phone, if formatting the card is what you have chosen. If the data on the card came from another device, then you would not be able to use that data on this phone without formatting the card.
Well the SIM card (which is what you said in the title) is the card that gives your phone access to calls, etc. So I am going with the SD card mentioned in the post itself. And yes, to format a card that clears all data on it. It can only format the data on the phone, if formatting the card is what you have chosen. If the data on the card came from another device, then you would not be able to use that data on this phone without formatting the card.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.