how do you reassign letters

rae888

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
I saw a youtube video explanation about very easy way to assign letters from the mgtm. part of control panel for your drives. But I am unsure if that works same way with DVD drives. I have SDD (c) drive and a virtual Drive (e) and two DVD drives, (d)&(f). I am getting ready to set up my hard drive for first time and would rather not set it up as g but rather as d. Would that be a problem? Should I reassign my DVD first, then be able to choose D for new hard drive?

Solution
Should I reassign my DVD first, then be able to choose D for new hard drive?
Yes, that's exactly what you need to do. Bear in mind that you shouldn't reassign a drive letter if you have already installed any software on it (as the registry will contain details of where the program is located). But if it's just data there should be no problem.

Ijack

Distinguished
Should I reassign my DVD first, then be able to choose D for new hard drive?
Yes, that's exactly what you need to do. Bear in mind that you shouldn't reassign a drive letter if you have already installed any software on it (as the registry will contain details of where the program is located). But if it's just data there should be no problem.

Solution