how do you transfer dvd discs to blu-ray without losing the picture and audio quality

dekalbirving

Honorable
May 14, 2013
Hi,
Normally, I would ask my dad about this but since he is not here I thought I should ask everyone here on the site. How do you transfer the video from Dvd discs onto Blu-ray discs without losing the picture and audio quality? I don't mind paying a little more for great software to get the job done right the first time (please no trial software).

Are the DVDs in question purchased DVDs or home made DVDs? The obvious question is why do you want to move them from DVD to Blu-Ray discs? Not trying to give you a hard time but just trying to understand before I make any kind of recommendation.

dekalbirving

Honorable
May 14, 2013
Well, To be honest whenever my friends or family come over they want to watch a whole series rather then watch one dvd at a time. When they do that sometimes it takes forever for them to return it and sometimes when they do return the series it is missing something. So I would rather transfer the whole series onto a bluray or several bluray discs if possible rather them taking my treasured series. I could stop them from taking them by just saying no but I'm not that way. So, If you would please tell me the method of transferring the dvd's to bluray I would most appreciate it.
I did some reading online about this subject to help me better understand the process. Is it better to use the processor or the graphic card to help with the conversion? Also, Some people say when not using dvd movies to transfer to bluray it depends on the quality of video file being transferred on how it will look on bluray.