Solved! How hot does a laptop get under full load? (gaming)

thefuzz52

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
Hi, I currently own a HP Pavilion Laptop (DV6-3023ca). Now i dont have that much of a problem. But i am unsure about how hot the laptop should be getting, more specifically the hard drive and video card. At full work load (playing a game maxed out), the HD5650 is going no higher than 65 degrees celcius and the fan is operating at 30%. The hard drive is averaging about 36 degrees celcius at full work load (playing games). This is the first laptop I have ever owned so i am unsure of how hot a laptop normally gets. Also to point out, as soon as i close or minimize the game the card cools right off.

So to recap, i dont have problem but am just wondering if these temperatures are safe. And when doing things like word processing and such, the thing operates below average temperatures, Hard drive being around 28 degrees celcius and the video card around 40 degrees celcius.

Solution
You should be glad to know that those temperatures are fine. Since laptop space is so confined, the components in there are tested to withstand high heat. You could probably start worrying if your video card starts reaching temps of 100+ degrees celcius and the hard drive in the high 40s.

soulbrotha80

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
You should be glad to know that those temperatures are fine. Since laptop space is so confined, the components in there are tested to withstand high heat. You could probably start worrying if your video card starts reaching temps of 100+ degrees celcius and the hard drive in the high 40s.

Solution