Solved! How I fixed my Macbook with water damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2021
One morning I was in a hurry to get to work and as I was grabbing my coffee cup, it slipped and spilled all over the side of my Mac. I was on Google but my computer automatically switched to ITunes and played some music and then finally went black. Of course I did the best I could to wipe up all the moisture I could. Seeing that there was nothing I could do, I placed the computer in my briefcase and wisked off to work, cursing and more cursing, and thinking of taking it to the Apple store that afternoon to assess the damage.
While driving to work that morning, I was thinking that maybe I should have tried vacuuming the moisture out. Then I saw a public car wash in the distance. I thought "why not give it a go?"

I put my quarters in the machine and proceeded to vacuum the ports on the side of the damage and the keys where the moisture fell. After a few minutes the computer lit up. It was still on the same page as it was before the spill but I was still thinking that it was not all done. I finished the time left on the vacuum and opened the computer when I arrived at the office.
It's been 7 days already since the accidental spill and the computer is running perfectly and absolutely no damage is noted.

I can't believe it! I was so upset. For me, losing a computer is worse than losing a leg. But everything has worked out well!
I am telling you this story so that maybe someday you will have a similar problem and this might work for you too!
Happy MACing!

Reactions: Sally G
Jul 25, 2021
I figured "What do I have to lose? Either the keycaps or another $1000 + for a new computer and reloading all my files and data." Fortunately the mouth of the vacuum is thin and doesn't"t really pull directly at the key.
I really dodged a bullet!

Reactions: Sally G
Status
Not open for further replies.