How I Got Paid, Eventually, For My Old iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnylawman01

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
I'm gonna have to cry a serious Foul here fro Tom's being so stupid.

Ever heard of ebay?

I haven't had to pay for a phone for the last 4 years when I sold my old handet on ebay each time.

Venus.....$100 paid for my new enV Touch.

$200 for my razr that paid for my Venus.

Take GOOD care of your phone and you WILL get top dollar!

rrobstur

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
just recently baught the iphone 3gs ...apirl... and then the leaks come out about the iphone 4 and well so im screwed as i paid 130 bucks for the PoS i had to have i really hate this slow phone after i got my hands on the htc evo and with the new droid coming out that looks bad ass.... realy want to get my hands on that r2-d2 droid

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
The iPhone 3G is obsolete? Superseded certainly, dated perhaps, but obsolete? Compared to the entire mainstream phone carrier offering, I'd say the 3G still ranks pretty high. This isn't 3G love per-se, but rather your shiny new Hex-core - quad SLI rig, doesn't make my quad-core dual-sli rig worthless. It'll still run rings around your crack-berry, even if I can't multi-task. ;) That being said, I do feel the limits of the technology used in it's construction. At least however, I don't have problems making calls with my left hand. ;)

G

You should try Phobio.com i was paid 4 days after sending in my phone with the free fedex label.

G

What the heck?! The iPhone 3GS is a $700+ phone. Try selling it on eBay you'll get $500 quite easily.

G

Had the same thing happen with a different company when selling two Razrs. They said had moisture damage. I don't think they did since they worked the day before I sent them in. If you don't agree with the reduced price after inspection. Just send in $25 and we will mail it back. Always check the return fees.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]johnnylawman01[/nom]I'm gonna have to cry a serious Foul here fro Tom's being so stupid.Ever heard of ebay?I haven't had to pay for a phone for the last 4 years when I sold my old handet on ebay each time.Venus.....$100 paid for my new enV Touch.$200 for my razr that paid for my Venus.Take GOOD care of your phone and you WILL get top dollar![/citation]

Seriously, ebay? What good is an article about ebay? This is about selling your phone through a service that sells old phones. Ebay is for everything and not consistant.

G

The postmark on the envelope FlipSwap sent would've told you if the delay was due to them or the USPS.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
Does anyone else wonder if this is a scam to take advantage of those who aren't as diligent and determined? I feel like there are plenty of businesses that do this (particularly insurance claims and rebates).

G

Smartphones are a US thing? Really?

Per capita smartphone ownership is higher in Canada, Italy, and most of western Europe for that matter.

And as for your carrier subsidies, most people I know can't believe how your system works. We can choose to buy handsets outright if we want, or enter into a contract and get the phone for free. You guys have to pay upfront /and/ monthly? Crazy.

nativeson8803

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Nice article. I never knew anything about this but if I had a smartphone I'd sell it. I hope the company gets wind of this article and shapes up because that sounds like some shady business practices.

I personally only have had one smartphone: the Samsung Code for Metro PCS. The phone was only so/so being that it was windows mobile and I never used many features except email. The real problem was that Metro's service is so terrible (in San Francisco no less) I never was able to take advantage of unlimited internet. I highly advise anyone to not get a metro pcs smartphone because you will be dealing with dial up and even turning one page can take up to a minute.

Anyway, I bought the phone for 180 on ebay and was able to resell it for 150 after 4 months use. I'm glad to be rid of the thing.

G

I sold my iPhone 2g on ebay for a buy-it-now of $180. Took less than a day to sell, immediate payment to me through Paypal. Dead easy. Why go through a reseller and get less money plus a ton of hassle?

G

Strangely enough China Mobile offers 3G service here in China. A quick search easily reveals that your supposed source of this information is completely off base. Please take one minute to do research before making assumptions.

G

Imagine you sold an iPod on eBay for $125. The person who receives it decides it's only worth $40 and that's all he pays for it. You have no say in the matter, the iPod will not be returned to you and the transaction cannot be canceled.

That in a nutshell is how NextWorth operates. It's all there in their terms of agreement which in their mind gives them free reign to rip you off. The sheer number of negative reviews you can find online are all true. NextWorth can and will scam you.

And if they say your item is broken? That's zero dollars coming back your way and a 100% profit for NextWorth when they resell it!

G

Dude u think u has smartphones? In romania we were making video calls 5 years ago woti dual camera phones in the meantime in US motorola razor was the ultimate hot phone so give me a brake with us and subsidize or other shit, and one more thing only in us u r charged for incomming calls and txt so who's the sucker US or tue rest of the world?.
And why in gods name u wanna use that type of company to sell your phone? Is like sellingyourcar to carmax the offered me in 2006 for a2005 mercedes slk55 amg $15000. So u get my drift? Selling your phone to those company's means you are STUPID

Status
Not open for further replies.