How many HDMI ports allowed on a switch? I'm planning on purchasing 14 24" LED's to rum my menu board. My laptop has only one

Taco Mike

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
Trying to configure multible 24 inch LED's as menu boards for my small cafe in the Philippines. All of the TV's have only one port as does my Toshiba Satellite Laptop. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your valube time and consideration.

Mike

budwich

Estimable
Oct 30, 2015
you can get 8X output ports splitters at a reasonable price (less than $100). At worse, buy a 4X2 matrix switch and feed the 2 outs to two 1X8 splitters. Total cost will be $250 or less. Since all of your sets will have the same technical capability (ie. resolution, etc), the setup should "play" OK... although with hdmi, any multiple port "pathing" can have issues as hdmi was spec'ed as a single source and sink so "auxiliary" equipment manufacturers have to work with that "framework" as best they can... especially with restrictions associated with hdcp handshaking.... which potentially shouldn't be a problem if you are displaying "non-protected streams".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
I Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
U Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1