How much is my laptop worth?

FoaaoF

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Hello all,

So I just joined this site because google has led me to this site whenever I am looking up computer information and I have come to the conclusion that the community here is very thorough in their answers which I find extremely helpful since I am not very knowledgeable of computers.

So referring to my question,
I have a HP Pavilion dv6-7073ca entertainment notebook pc 15.6" and I am looking to upgrade.
Here are the specs:

*System Info*
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
- BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.71.51F.29
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
- Memory: 8192MB RAM
- Drive C: TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 1TB
- Drive D: TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 30GB
*Display Devices*
- Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
- Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
- Display Memory: 1792 MB
- Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
- Shared Memory: 1760 MB
- Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
- Monitor Model: LP156WH3-TLA2
- Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (60.022Hz)
- Hybrid Graphics GPU: Integrated

*Sound Devices*
- Beats Audio with 4 speakers and the HP TripleBass Reflex Subwoofer
- Default Sound Playback: Yes
- Default Voice Playback: Yes

Webcam: HP Truevision HD with built in microphone
3 SuperSpeed USB 3.0

- 1 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
- 1 HDMI
- 1 VGA (15-pin)
- 1 RJ-45 (LAN)
- 1 Headphone-out
- 1 Microphone-in
- 90W AC adapter
- 6-cell 62WHr lithium-ion battery
- Hp SimplePass
- Free 60-day Norton Internet Security 2012 Subscription
- 2 years left under warranty

I have had this laptop for a little over a year and I just used my warranty a couple weeks ago to give it a full tune-up so everything inside it is basically brand new. The only things that they didnt replace were the screen and the battery (but the battery still lasts a very long time). I want to know how much I can sell this for as I would like to upgrade to a better laptop (preferably one that is better for gaming). So not only would I like to know how much my computer is worth (as well as the best way to sell it), but I would also like to know what laptop would be good for gaming that is under $1000.

I am a student, so a desktop is out of the question as I will need to take my computer with me to my classes and also, because I am a student I cannot afford to spend more than $1000 (thats kind of even pushing my budget).

My preferred games I would like to be able to play are Skyrim and GTA 5 (when it is released) at decent settings. The computer I have now can run Skyrim with a bunch of mods on low setting pretty well although I only get between 45-59FPS.

The one laptop I have been looking at for a while now is the Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Laptop (59369997). Originally its $1329.00, but apparently for the last 2 weeks it has been on sale for $839.00 and if the sale continues I would be interested in buying it.

Let me know what you guys think. I am very appreciative of any feedback you can give me as I dont understand the strength of different computer parts and how they effect how well games play on laptops.

Solution
The only part holding you back here is the Intel HD 4000 Graphics. The other parts are what you need for gaming. In your future laptop, you could get an i5 CPU and 650M or 750m GPU that would show gaming improvement. eBay is a good portal to offload this laptop.

In the last 90 Days....
1 was listed @ $553.45 and sold. It was previously listed @ $559.45 and did not sell.

There is a low sell-thru rate & low demand for this item so you will need to swallow some pride to sell it.

mf Red

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
Looks like that Lenovo would be a decent gaming laptop. As far as how much your laptop is worth... as much as some one is willing to pay for it!
Put it on eBay if you don't want to deal with craigslist weirdos. Although most of my craigslist experiences have been positive.

skit75

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
The only part holding you back here is the Intel HD 4000 Graphics. The other parts are what you need for gaming. In your future laptop, you could get an i5 CPU and 650M or 750m GPU that would show gaming improvement. eBay is a good portal to offload this laptop.

In the last 90 Days....
1 was listed @ $553.45 and sold. It was previously listed @ $559.45 and did not sell.

There is a low sell-thru rate & low demand for this item so you will need to swallow some pride to sell it.

Solution