How Nokia Designed and Makes the N9 and Lumia 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Such a beautiful phone. And I have fallen in love with Nokia all over again after those two videos.

I am still on the "dumb-phone" bandwagon, and I should be able to jump on a smartphone soon, and this phone will be it. I have been keeping an eye on the N9 and 800 for a while now, and after watching the manufacturing process, it makes me want it even more.

I want one in my hands NOW!!!

And as for the Lumina 700, they are specifically marketing it as a "budget smartphone".

G

i just want to see the intergreation between win8 and the windows mobile. simple integration can be a huge advantage.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
After having used this phone, I can certainly say it is worth the effort. The look, the feel and everything else is just pure perfection. Now what it needs is a less internet dependent OS.

pucidalucida

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
My HTC Desire HD still better, Nokia N9 still lagging here and there :(
I Had used nokia for 5 years, know I will not use it again, why? I just feel disappointed, N95, 5800, X7, enough of them! They're all ALWAYS crash, restart, have touch screen defect, battery defect, bla bla bla...
They didn't last more than 4 months T.T
Now my HTC far more better, almost no problem in software (yeah, sometimes laggy), but sure it doesn't have any hardware defect, and until more than 1 year it still gets latest update, the HTC sense 3.0 :D

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
But will it blend?
it sure will! the better question will it work? Nokia if they reverted to there old style would survive nuclear war then some... but most likely they will find a base in wp 7.. i would puffer Android ill be ok tho don't worry

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Why did the lumia remove the front facing cam from the N9? The last thing it needs is HDMI out and I would of been sold but alas I was forced to go to android.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
i wished the top and bottom had a smooth edge like the sides...nice phones though...nokia needs to make more CDMA units for Verizon

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
We are all quick to criticize our high tech gadgets for missing features, high prices or what have you. But seeing what is involved in actually making them is putting things in perspective.
The investment in machinery and people; and the detail that goes into every part of each device.

Nobody goes thru all this to purposely build 'bad' products; but this being a rather complex process gremlins will find their way in and it can take a while -even after a lot of testing- to discover some of them.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
i'm very impressed how nokia worked really hard in collaboration with MS to get things right from the start. A lot of great products from different companies will only benefit us consumers.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
6 month until i can replace my n8 me and 4 m8ts got one each and not one of us got 1 working properly they lag fuck around you cant answer incoming calls if the phone are locked photos get blurred 50% of the time, the mobile generally works poor. last update i cant listen to my own music no more all sound tracks are damaged. 1 of my friends could not stand it and got a second phone with in 5 month. and they dont ewer update the fucking phone. im sorry Nokia but go hang yourself we will newer go back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.