How often do you run a cleaner on your computer?

Solution
If you mean a system cleaner like CCleaner, I would say every few months. No reason to get all OCD about some temp files and whatnot, although I generally do run CCleaner after a new build and install of all updates and programs.

If you mean an antivirus, it really depends on your surfing habits but in any case I would recommend running a real-time antivirus to check incoming files. I run a full disk antivirus check monthly, but then I only go safe places and use hosts file blocking to avoid bad places.

RealBeast

Distinguished
If you mean a system cleaner like CCleaner, I would say every few months. No reason to get all OCD about some temp files and whatnot, although I generally do run CCleaner after a new build and install of all updates and programs.

If you mean an antivirus, it really depends on your surfing habits but in any case I would recommend running a real-time antivirus to check incoming files. I run a full disk antivirus check monthly, but then I only go safe places and use hosts file blocking to avoid bad places.

Solution
G

I have 360 total security as antivirus and glary utilities for cleaning it. usually, since I use Common sense internet security 2015 (as stated on a sticky thread), I dont really worry about putting my antivirus to make a full scan unless I think that I am infected with something.
in case of glary utilities, I dont really have like, days to run a scan. when I see my computer starts to run with low speed or somenthing, I run a scan, and sometimes I find a good 10GB cleaning hahaha. but I would reccomend running a system cleaner (being glary, ccleaner or even diskcleanup (from microsoft)) once a month. ofc, it depends on what you do on your computer.

LukeFatwalker

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015
Little complicated with my setup but I use Rollback Rx. I have it take a snapshot every day around noon. I have one snapshot that I took after a defrag so I just restore back every month or so, but I'll also transfer data over between snapshots so basically it's my post-defrag state but with whatever documents I've since added.

I have never ran one. If I have an issue, I do a clean Windows setup or manually track down what the issue is. If I don't have issues, I don't touch the system.

9 out of 10 of those utilities don't do anything or make things worse, the few that actually do something often don't help fix things or make the system run better most of the time, and in a few cases they remove needed entries or files and cause the system to not boot or load programs or something similar.