Status
Not open for further replies.

avian4moons

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Hello,
My Word 2003 is almost FUBAR-ed. It will run in safe mode but will not open in normal mode. I get the "report it to Microsoft" message. "Detect and Repair" does not fix the problem. Is there a way to download a new Word 2003?

Solution
you may have some pretty virus in your system,, update your antivirus & scan it.. also scan you pc with malware bytes..
if possible give a try with Avira antivirus..
if this doesn't solve your problem, go for fresh installation OS & other stuffs

avian4moons

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Matan

I tried this and it seemed to fix 95% of the problem. Thanks.

Now when I use Word to create/read a document, or operate Outlook, and then close Word, I get a message every (?) time that says;

"Microsoft has encountered a problem and must close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Also, a 6KB message takes forever to create and to send.

Could it be the new "Norton" security package that my email provider offered free???

manojgj

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
you may have some pretty virus in your system,, update your antivirus & scan it.. also scan you pc with malware bytes..
if possible give a try with Avira antivirus..
if this doesn't solve your problem, go for fresh installation OS & other stuffs

Solution

avian4moons

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Arrrrrgh! I think I'll try a full scan. My Norton is updated daily but it does a "scan lite". Starting over from scratch with the OS and "Office" is too scary right now. If I have to go that far, I may change to Windows 7 and office 2007.

Thanks for the advice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.