Solved! How should I connect computer speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2020
I have a mid 2012 non retina MacBook Pro and I wanna get either the Logitech Z-623 or the Z-625 computer speakers. My issue is I want the Z-625 because they can use optical connections. I use a tv as my second monitor and it has an optical port while my MacBook Pro does not but the MacBook Pro can connect using 3.5 mm. So I don’t know if I should get the 623 which uses 3.5mm and connect it straight to my lab top or if I should use the 625 with optical and connect it to the tv. I know the direct connection is better but is it justified by the improvement Optical brings. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Assuming that the Macbook pro is connected to the TV with HDMI you might get better sound using the TV optical rather than the Macbook pro analog audio. I don't think the difference in quality will be much either way but this way the speakers will work with the TV when you don't use the laptop.
Assuming that the Macbook pro is connected to the TV with HDMI you might get better sound using the TV optical rather than the Macbook pro analog audio. I don't think the difference in quality will be much either way but this way the speakers will work with the TV when you don't use the laptop.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.