Solved! How to access local channels when the coax “jack” is broken on my tv? I don’t want to pay for cable. I just want to watch local channels occasional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2021
How to access local channels when the coax “jack” is broken on my tv? I don’t want to pay for cable. I just want to watch local channels occasionally with the tv I currently have.
I have a Roku but have no way of accessing my local channels. I used to have an antenna hooked up to the tv via coax cable but my dog got caught up in the wire and ripped the coax connector right out of the tv. I can’t afford a new tv, what are my options?

Reactions: Chikita123
Solution
You should be able to get ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and PBS on your Roku device. Not sure that those channels (other than PBS) will have local content. As for other local channels, check available channels for your Roku device. I know I'm missing a couple channels that I'd like (H and I, MeTV), so that's going to be hit and miss. Aside from that, the best advice is above. Get an ATSC set top box that has an output other than coax (preferably HDMI).

Something like this: Digital Converter Box

-Wolf sends
You should be able to get ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and PBS on your Roku device. Not sure that those channels (other than PBS) will have local content. As for other local channels, check available channels for your Roku device. I know I'm missing a couple channels that I'd like (H and I, MeTV), so that's going to be hit and miss. Aside from that, the best advice is above. Get an ATSC set top box that has an output other than coax (preferably HDMI).

Something like this: Digital Converter Box

-Wolf sends

Solution

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
Open the TV and connect a pigtail coax connector to where the broken one is. You could even drill a new hole, and install a new coaxial jack in the case. Simple to do.
Soldering it would be the best way. You don't want a loose connection inside the TV. Beats buying a converter box. Simple repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.