How to add iphone to list of cameras supported by windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidfhunt

Honorable
May 30, 2012
I have photos and videos on my iPhone that I cannot transfer to my laptop, which uses WIndows XP.

The iPhone is recognised by the laptop, as Itunes fires up automatically and synchs my Outlook contacts and appointments, and it synchs music from my laptop to the iPhone.

There is an option in iTunes to synch photos, but only from the laptop to the iPhone, not the other way.

When the iPhone is connected to the laptop USB port I get a message on the laptop saying Apple camera detected, select software from the list below - bt there is no software listed.

The iPhone is not visible to WIndows Explorer or My Computer or Scanners and Cameras in COntrol Panel. If I try to add camer, Apple is not listed, so I can't. Yet, if I list the hardware evices I can find iPhone under USB devices and it claims it is working correctly, yet I can't see it!

I have tried plugging the iPhone into different USB ports and rebooting. I have tried another computer that does not have iTunes installed. That detects the iPhone and says it is ready for use, bt is still not visible anywhere.

I tried to install PicsAid (part of DiskAid) that another site recommended to solve the problem, but that won't install on XP, as it needs Vista or Windows 7.

I investigated the iCloud, but that won't work with XP either.

I have wasted all day on this. Does anyone have a solution that will work?

Solution
my ipod would not show up in explorer as well. what i had to do is boot itunes and on the main information page of the device change it so that i could use the ipod as a hard drive or storage space. after that the ipod was always visible to explorer.

also check if you need to press any buttons to get your phone to be visible to explorer. i know my android phone requires me to allow a usb connection to the computer before it will show up. any message *should* automatically pop up but since it is apple i'm not so sure of the details as i refuse to buy an iphone.
my ipod would not show up in explorer as well. what i had to do is boot itunes and on the main information page of the device change it so that i could use the ipod as a hard drive or storage space. after that the ipod was always visible to explorer.

also check if you need to press any buttons to get your phone to be visible to explorer. i know my android phone requires me to allow a usb connection to the computer before it will show up. any message *should* automatically pop up but since it is apple i'm not so sure of the details as i refuse to buy an iphone.

Solution

jaidonmitchell

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012

I think you need to check whether there are any steps involved in configuring your iPhone on
your PC.If it is so, you will be able to see the instruction suggesting camera found on PC eventually.I hope this helps.

BloodHK47

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Go to Start / Run and type in services.msc. Click ok after that. Locate the service called Apple Mobile Device. If its showing status as not started, change it to start. Make sure that the start up type is automatic. Once done, restart computer and connect phone. Should fix the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.