How to automatically save images as ".bmp" with Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VibronicJumper

Estimable
May 8, 2014
I want to be able to right click and image and choose "save as" when saving an image and have the default format as a BMP so i do not have to manually do it for each individual photo. Firefox by default saves images as JPG but I can not find a work around. Does anyone have a solution or extension for this?

Solution

VibronicJumper

Estimable
May 8, 2014

Well I can manually change the image as I am saving it by renaming it like "<image name>.bmp". It does not take long to add the .bmp unless I am saving a large quantity of photos over time, which I am. So firefox is capable of saving the images as a BMP, I just want to see if there is a way to have that as the default , instead of JPG and regardless of what the images default is from the server itself. Thanks for any more input in advance.

noidea_77

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012

Sorry, but adding the .bmp or changing the file extension doesn't change the image format. Your image viewr might be able to open the image even with the wrong file type, but it is still a jpg, unless you use a converter.

VibronicJumper

Estimable
May 8, 2014

Ah, I see. I was mislead by that then. Although i do still want to do what is previously mentioned and have the images convert them automatically to BMP images then. Thanks for the enlightenment on that though.

noidea_77

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012

Just save the images as jpg and use a batch converter, to convert them all in one pass. For example http://www.xnview.com does that.

Solution

VibronicJumper

Estimable
May 8, 2014

Although this doesnt do what I wanted, it seems like a good alternative. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.