How to Block Ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron_59

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
Sometimes I will go to a website to watch a TV Show and the most annoying Advertisements come up. It's not a popup that comes up when the webpage is loading. It's a popup that comes up when I click anywhere on the screen. I could click on a solid white section that isn't inhabited by anything on the webpage and all of a sudden this enormous Ad comes up that says "Do you want to know how I made 100,000 in just 6 Weeks?"

I don't want to prevent all popups from being blocked on my computer. I just don't want to be clicking on something that isn't a link and being bombarded with Advertisements.

Update: The Website is known to have Advertisements pop up when you click on the screen, even if you aren't clicking on anything. It does it on every computer.

juannfox

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
Well, many websistes now a day work like that, full of ads, making money to the host. The way to avoid most of that is to install Adblock complement for Google Chrome and set it up nicely. Other than that, I also recommend having an antivirus and antimalware software installed, just to be safe.-

techguy2001

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014
Hello Aaron,

What you see and experience on the site that you visited is a combination of traditional pop-up & pop-under ads. It will trigger once you click anywhere on the site even on white spaces. The best solution is Adblock Plus but some sites may not allow you to view the video that you want to watch if it detects an Ad blocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.