News How to build a gaming PC for beginners: Putting it all together

Dec 21, 2020
You have your ram configured in a single channel configuration rather than a dual channel configuration (I believe). If your motherboard is like most then there should be a space between the two ram sticks. It'll tell you which ram slots to use specifically in the motherboard manual.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You have your ram configured in a single channel configuration rather than a dual channel configuration (I believe). If your motherboard is like most then there should be a space between the two ram sticks. It'll tell you which ram slots to use specifically in the motherboard manual.
You are correct, as confirmed by page 4 of the motherboard manual:

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C71v2.1.pdf

Jul 1, 2021

I came here to say exactly this. That and the CPU cooler installation are cringy enough to make me go find better sources. It's been maybe 10 years since I've built a PC so I'm just here for a refresher. Pretty sure Marshall needs a refresher more than I do. Bummer.