How to change max non turbo boost ratio and reference clock when they are locked

roscomadrid

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
I'm using Extreme tuning utility by intel and I am trying to overclock my laptop to 3.3 ghz from 2.6 because I know it can run much better than it currently is so I want to get it up there permanently however It's got a locked bios as HP have a record for doing so and i want to change my reference clock to 104 MHz but it's stuck on 100 and I cannot change this. It's the same for the Non turbo boost ratio It's stuck on 26 x (2.6 ghz) when I want to up it to about 30 x (3 ghz) can someone guide me as to how I do this, I have tried going through the actual system bios from start up however I cannot change anything like I said I can view everything but I can't edit it. I believe that overclocking might be locked and to unlock it I need to find the Adjust cpu ratio and change it from Auto to Manual however I couldn't find this setting.
Please help

Regards Ross

Solution
As well stated previously, You can't, and you shouldn't.

Laptops have very tight specifications. Altering, if you could, to overclock, would present immediate heat issues.

roscomadrid

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016

Thank you for the tips but do you have any idea how I could unlock the Bios so I could OC?

Corwin65

Estimable
Nov 2, 2015
As well stated previously, You can't, and you shouldn't.

Laptops have very tight specifications. Altering, if you could, to overclock, would present immediate heat issues.

Solution