How to clean heatsink (fan) for Asus A42J Series

Solution

Those temps are high. I would suggest Buying some new thermal paste. Take your computer apart. Carefully remove the heat sync and fan off the processor. Clean it anyway you can. Maybe some rubbing alcohol and Q-tips. And wait for it to completely dry. Wipe the old Thermal paste from the bottom of the heat sync and and on top of the processor and reapply. You can find a video on you tube on how to do this if you are not 100% comfortable. Also just make sure all your fans are working in your computer.

tenaciousk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013

Those temps are high. I would suggest Buying some new thermal paste. Take your computer apart. Carefully remove the heat sync and fan off the processor. Clean it anyway you can. Maybe some rubbing alcohol and Q-tips. And wait for it to completely dry. Wipe the old Thermal paste from the bottom of the heat sync and and on top of the processor and reapply. You can find a video on you tube on how to do this if you are not 100% comfortable. Also just make sure all your fans are working in your computer.

Solution

garukno

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

Thanks for the advice
I change the thermal paste and cleaning the fan
right now the temps when idle is 40-45:wahoo: