Solved! How to connect 2 monitors to gaming laptop?

Shu101

Prominent
Dec 3, 2020
Hi, I have a 144hz monitor and a 75 hz one and I wanted to connect both to my Sager Gaming Laptop which has a 144hz screen.

Does anyone have suggestions on how I can do that to where any gaming I'm outputting from the laptop shows up in 144hz on that monitor? Feel free to provide any links or products I need to buy to achieve this.

Thank you!

Solution
You can connect those monitors with the help of HDMI splitter Or buy a Type-C to HDMI adapter and connect it to the Thunderbolt 3 Type-C port. Next, connected one end HDMI cable to the adapter and the other end to the monitor.
Its quite simple.

A splitter will show the same thing on both screens and they will have issues running at higher refresh rate, so that is out. Thunderbolt would work, but there is no mention of the exact laptop model if it has it.
You can connect those monitors with the help of HDMI splitter Or buy a Type-C to HDMI adapter and connect it to the Thunderbolt 3 Type-C port. Next, connected one end HDMI cable to the adapter and the other end to the monitor.
Its quite simple.

A splitter will show the same thing on both screens and they will have issues running at higher refresh rate, so that is out. Thunderbolt would work, but there is no mention of the exact laptop model if it has it.

Solution

Shu101

Prominent
Dec 3, 2020

Yes, my laptop does have a thunderbolt as well as mini-display port.

My current plan is I'm going to connect the 144hz monitor via a mini-display port to display port cable. The secondary monitor that is just 75hz, I'll just connect with an hdmi wire from the monitor to the laptop.

The only thing that sucks is I'll have 2 wires connected to it. Not to mention I'll be using a separate mouse and keyboard which adds up to 4 more wires connected to the laptop which isn't convenient. I may just have to use a wireless mouse and keyboard to keep it 2 wires at most but ideally I need to find a long term cleaner solution.

Has anyone ever used a docking station and have any recommendations? My biggest thing is, if I use a dock station, I want to make sure it outputs 144hz on that primary gaming monitor I have.

Deciplox

Great
Dec 8, 2020
Hi, I have a 144hz monitor and a 75 hz one and I wanted to connect both to my Sager Gaming Laptop which has a 144hz screen.

Does anyone have suggestions on how I can do that to where any gaming I'm outputting from the laptop shows up in 144hz on that monitor? Feel free to provide any links or products I need to buy to achieve this.

Thank you!

Depending on the ports available.. thunderbolt. Like hang said, a splitter would simply mirror.