Solved! How to connect 4 speakers to a tv?

davidspaho

Commendable
Dec 17, 2017
hello everyone so i'd like to ask. how can i connect 4 speakers each needing an amplifier(at least thats what i think it is called, like on the back all of them have 2 holes for the cables black and white) like do i have to buy an amplifier with 4 ins?

Solution
The simple answer is you need a surround sound receiver or a stereo receiver with speaker A+B terminals so you can connect both pairs to it safely.
The receiver has to have an input compatible with your TV audio output. That could be analog audio (RCA or headphone jack), optical or coax digital audio, or HDMI-ARC digital audio output. You may need an adapter or converter depending on the specific TV and receiver.
A receiver is an preamplifier/controller+ power amplifier+radio. Even if you don't need the radio they are often cheaper than integrated amplifiers.
The simple answer is you need a surround sound receiver or a stereo receiver with speaker A+B terminals so you can connect both pairs to it safely.
The receiver has to have an input compatible with your TV audio output. That could be analog audio (RCA or headphone jack), optical or coax digital audio, or HDMI-ARC digital audio output. You may need an adapter or converter depending on the specific TV and receiver.
A receiver is an preamplifier/controller+ power amplifier+radio. Even if you don't need the radio they are often cheaper than integrated amplifiers.

Reactions: davidspaho
Solution

davidspaho

Commendable
Dec 17, 2017
You need an amp with 4 speaker connections, not 4 inputs.

Are you talking about doing surround sound? That is more than just connecting 4 speakers together.
i forgot to mention that i have already connected them to an amp. and no. i am not looking to do a surround sound. just want to connect all 4 up front. right now i have 2 hi-fi speakers one left and one right and two other speakers which basically only produce treble on top of the tv again one left and one right but closer to eachother than the other two. i did this cause i noticed that the two big ones would mainly produce bass and i needed something for the treble. but now i have found out that the amp that i have aint got enough power for all 4

i forgot to mention that i have already connected them to an amp. and no. i am not looking to do a surround sound. just want to connect all 4 up front. right now i have 2 hi-fi speakers one left and one right and two other speakers which basically only produce treble on top of the tv again one left and one right but closer to eachother than the other two. i did this cause i noticed that the two big ones would mainly produce bass and i needed something for the treble. but now i have found out that the amp that i have aint got enough power for all 4

You are not really setting up speakers properly, you may want to list exactly what equipment you have.

To get proper sounding audio you need to match the low and high end with cross-overs and timing of the sound waves as they get to your ears. That is why placement of speakers in a room can change the sound a lot, as much as changing speakers. Speaker makers spend a long time trying to get this balance just right, so just sticking two different sets of speakers together for some random sounds is not going to get you good results.