How to connect a amplifier to a computer?!?!?!

versky

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Hi there!
I need some help. I was just inspecting my computer (HP Pavilion p6310f Desktop PC) and I noticed and saw there are multiple sound jacks (I think they're called that). And i'm trying to connect my Sony Dolby Digital / DTS 110wx5 (8oms, 1kHz, 0.7% THD) to my computer. I pluged it into my computer like any other speaker. Into the green (Stereo Line-Out) jack. I have sound. But i'm wondering why in the hell are there 6 different audio jacks. And i'm wondering if i pluged the 3.5mm stereo mini phone plug to dual RCA jack stereo cable into the correct audio jack.

Thank you!
- Versky (Michael K)

versky

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
I just have 2 speakers connected to the amp. I don't have a subwoofer nor left or right back speakers. I just wanna know if I plugged my RCA jack stereo cable into the correct jack. I read something about the Line in jack. But I still didn't understand what its for.

ssddx

Glorious
if your amplifier only has a red+white rca input... then plugging in a 3.5mm cable to rca red+white adapter cable into the green headphone jack is correct.

a better alternative would be a "line out" jack (basically because it is unamplified) but you should check your manual to see if your pc has one or not (probably not).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Audio 1
M Audio 2
X Audio 1
roscaion Audio 1
L Audio 2
D Audio 3
G Audio 2
M Audio 4
J Audio 2
U Audio 4
A Audio 2