How to connect a amplifier to a computer?!?!?!

versky

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Hi there!
I need some help. I was just inspecting my computer (HP Pavilion p6310f Desktop PC) and I noticed and saw there are multiple sound jacks (I think they're called that). And i'm trying to connect my Sony Dolby Digital / DTS 110wx5 (8oms, 1kHz, 0.7% THD) to my computer. I pluged it into my computer like any other speaker. Into the green (Stereo Line-Out) jack. I have sound. But i'm wondering why in the hell are there 6 different audio jacks. And i'm wondering if i pluged the 3.5mm stereo mini phone plug to dual RCA jack stereo cable into the correct audio jack.

Thank you!
- Versky (Michael K)

Blaise170

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Perhaps this will help you out.

example+sound+card.jpg

versky

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
I just have 2 speakers connected to the amp. I don't have a subwoofer nor left or right back speakers. I just wanna know if I plugged my RCA jack stereo cable into the correct jack. I read something about the Line in jack. But I still didn't understand what its for.

if your amplifier only has a red+white rca input... then plugging in a 3.5mm cable to rca red+white adapter cable into the green headphone jack is correct.

a better alternative would be a "line out" jack (basically because it is unamplified) but you should check your manual to see if your pc has one or not (probably not).