Solved! How to connect a dvd player to a samsung2333 hdtv monitor

Solution
you want me to toss up the truth about HDMI versus component?

component cables have the chance to seperate and shield the wires to prevent distortion.

hdmi cables probably run on very low voltage, or even negative voltage, to prevent the cables from interacting with eachother.
i believe that the chances of poor isolation are higher with HDMI than component.
theres simply a lot of wires inside the hdmi cable, which requires more expensive production.. and that means you have to pay extra for the cord.

rca cords have been around for ages, which means they have been mastered (probably two or three times) compared to the hdmi cables.

one word of advice that really hurts my arguement..
each cable in an hdmi cable is destined to its job...

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
you want me to toss up the truth about HDMI versus component?

component cables have the chance to seperate and shield the wires to prevent distortion.

hdmi cables probably run on very low voltage, or even negative voltage, to prevent the cables from interacting with eachother.
i believe that the chances of poor isolation are higher with HDMI than component.
theres simply a lot of wires inside the hdmi cable, which requires more expensive production.. and that means you have to pay extra for the cord.

rca cords have been around for ages, which means they have been mastered (probably two or three times) compared to the hdmi cables.

one word of advice that really hurts my arguement..
each cable in an hdmi cable is destined to its job.
copper specifically for the audio
and again
copper specifically for the video

rca cables have to be prepared to do both.. plus digital signals.

hdmi is supposed to be digital, therefore the information on the copper might be the same requirement.. i havent looked.

chances are high that the manufacturers simply provide the same good quality.. but perhaps different resistances and extra amounts of electrical shielding for the rare instances when the extra shielding is necessary.

kinda crazy to think that the wrong resistance of the cable you use can help or hurt the circuit board that its connected to.
i think that maybe televisions show their age a lot more when you use the wrong resistance.
the tv might not break.. but it might lose its color accuracy and/or sharpness (or even its refresh rate)

the answers to these questions are for the electronics engineers who know how to test and trace the circuit board.
but even then, sometimes they dont know if the pieces on the circuit board demand high resistance or low resistance.
seems like the only way to know for certain is to have two televisions and two dvd players, connecting them up opposite of eachother.. then see which one gets worse.

but even then..
the problem might not be because of the cord, it might be something else that failed.

a master's advice is hard to find.
but common sense will tell you the simple.. grab a cable and use it, if the results are bad.. change the cable.

we live in a throw away and recycle world anyways.
electronics are about as hard as titanium to learn their every detail so that you dont break or degrade something.

Solution