How to connect a Samsung series 6 smart tv to a Bose Lifestyle 525 system

G

I have a cable box connected to the Lifestyle console with an HDMI. I have an HDMI running from the console to the TV. I have an optical cord running from the Bose console to the TV. I have all components ( CD, Blu-ray) connected to the Lifestyle console. I programmed the Lifestyle remote to be universal. My issue... audio is fine, but after about 20 mins. watching TV programming the picture goes off and I get an error screen like check your cable connection, check your source, run a channel scan.Have made multiple calls for tech support from Samsung and Bose but no solution yet.

Good place to start is the main menu, then settings. Maybe under advanced, or expert settings. Look for auto power off, or eco mode. So many devices if not all, come with these settings enabled. Your TV clearly is not on a power timer, as you see the warning message. So whichever peripheral is connected to that input on the TV is to blame. Try looking in the power settings of that device first, and let us know what you find.
Beat regards,
Kenton

Try turning off the CEC function in the TV. This controls components over the HDMI connection and often screws up.
Can you tell where the error message is being generated. Might not be the TV.
Does the problem occur when you are watching something other than cable TV?
Problem might not be the TV but in the cable system.

G

G

I believe the device in question is a Samsung DVD player which should be compatible with my Samsung TV. There is no menu per se for choice of power settings that I can find.I went through every category on the screen. Any other suggestions to solve this problem? Thanks -

G

The console has not gone to sleep. After about 20 mins. of cable tv viewing the video goes off, an error screen comes on the set stating no cable connection, check your source, yet the audio of the program still comes through.