How to connect a subwoofer to stereo setup?

Jokke96

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
My friend told me that it should work if i get a subwoofer with rca inputs and rca outputs and pull a rca cable from my bose companion 2´s to the rca input slots of the subwoofer and then connect another rca cable to my Asus xonar u7 soundcard from the rca output of the subwoofer.Was he right or what?I just recently started my "hifi hobby" so i dont know too much about this kind of stuff or the terms so sorry my bad english.And he also recommended this:http://www.jamo.com/speaker-types/subwoofers/?sku=SUB210 would it fit to my setup?I mean does anyone know what plugins that sub has?i am so noob help me...

Solution
The subwoofer has RCA inputs so you can connect it to the sub out of the Asus with a cable that has a stereo mini plug for the Asus and 2 RCA at the sub end. You will only use one of the RCAs as the sub out is mono (the other RCA is center channel) . You can connect it to either L or R input of the sub. Then use the audio panel on the PC to set up for 2.1
The subwoofer has RCA inputs so you can connect it to the sub out of the Asus with a cable that has a stereo mini plug for the Asus and 2 RCA at the sub end. You will only use one of the RCAs as the sub out is mono (the other RCA is center channel) . You can connect it to either L or R input of the sub. Then use the audio panel on the PC to set up for 2.1

Solution

Jokke96

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014

It is so easy?Nice.So i have to order a 3.5mm <---- RCA cable and that subwoofer.Thanks.