how to connect a Telefunken home theatre system (to a Hisense TV

Solution
here is my solution try it

first plug av to 3.5mm jack to tv headphone jack..it must be the one with r and l channel,mine is red and white..after plug white av jack to mr and red to ml...then put dvd hts..wait to play and click on menu button on remote(make sure your dvd disk does not have suound on the menu page) play something on tv..i bet you will her audio but quality is not as good since our hts doesnt have aux or hdmi INPUT....NESB
Model numbers would be useful, at least for the TV. Can't find any info on what connections any Telefunken HTS has. Only a picture of the back of the main unit would help.
General answer would be to connect the optical audio output of the TV to the optical input of the Telefunken with a toslink optical cable. If the HTS only has a stereo aux input you would need an optical to analog audio converter,
If the TV has a headphone jack that would connect to the HTS without a converter.

moiracloete

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017
Thank you for replying. The Hisense TV is a 40"FHD LED - M2160 (HX40M2160F). The HTS is a 5.1 channel Telefunken THT-906HDMI. The HTS has a DVD/BT/FM function and does not seem to 'read' the TV at all, i.e. there is no aux port?
The TV does not have an optical audio port and I have tried the headphone jack with rca cables but it still did not produce any sound from the TV. I'm desperate!

nhmereki

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
here is my solution try it

first plug av to 3.5mm jack to tv headphone jack..it must be the one with r and l channel,mine is red and white..after plug white av jack to mr and red to ml...then put dvd hts..wait to play and click on menu button on remote(make sure your dvd disk does not have suound on the menu page) play something on tv..i bet you will her audio but quality is not as good since our hts doesnt have aux or hdmi INPUT....NESB

Solution