How to connect a VHS player to vizio smart tv

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013

That's going to be done by you changing the input on the TV with your remote. So, if your VCR is hooked up to "Video 2" on the TV, you'll need to hit your input button on the remote and then navigate to and select it. That should bring it up for you. It's no different than if you wanted to watch a Blu-Ray player hooked up to your set.

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
What connections do you have on the back of the VHS machine? What about the back of your Vizio TV? Your VHS will likely have RCA based analog video/audio (yellow for vid, red/white for audio) or potentially S-Video for video alone and you'd still need an RCA red/white to carry audio. It's more dependent on what your TV has for inputs. What model of set do you have?

Jul 12, 2018

I do have the red yellow and white input on the SAMSUNG Smart TV. I know I can plug The leads of the same color from the VHS into there, but how do I get the SAMSUNG tv to register my Sony VHS and get the TV to switch from channels to video view? THANKS

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tlaudahl Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 3
Z Streaming Video & TVs 2
E Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 5
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 15
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 3
Similar threads
Question Best way to connect a 4k Bluray player to a tv/soundbar
Question Issue with Blu Ray Player Connected to Soundbar
I have sound bar connected to TV wirelessly, how do I connect my sky decoder and Video Player please?
How to connect my Sony DVD player model HCD-DX150 to my new Samsung tv model UN50NU6950 using component cable green blue red
Solved! How to connect magnavox DVD player to Visio D24hn-G9 tv
How do i connect my Mintect dvd 1600 to my new samsung 4k smart tv?
Solved! Trying to get audio when connecting blu-ray player to monitor
Connecting a combo DVD/VCR player
Solved! How do I connect a Bush DVD player with a smart tv that doesn’t have a scart connection
Solved! Connecting TV, DVD, Cable Box to a Soundbar
Solved! LG - UP970 dvd player connect to laptop issue
Solved! Connecting DVD Player
I have a 12 year old JVC DVD player and I want to connect it to my new Vizio E65-F1
How do I connect my Samsung TV, Vizio Soundbar SB3251n-EO, Dish hooper and LG DVD player together? My DVD player has NO HMDI
Vizio TV model D50U-D1 I'm trying to connect to my old Sylvania Video cassette recorder & DVD player model # SRD3900.
How do i connect my Magnavox VHS/DVD player to my Vizio smart T.V? please help.
How can i connect my lg dvd player to my vizio smart tv the lg dvd player comes with the red, white and yellow cords which i c
Trying to hook up a Vizio tv with a new Sony Dvd Player. Connected it according to instructions, then go to Input on TV and sc
I just bought a new vizio smart tv and I am having trouble getting the audio to work on my old DVD player. How do i connect th
I have a new Vizio smart tv, with regular inputs, that I use for my dvd player. How can I connect my old VCR to HDMI inputs?

ASK THE COMMUNITY