How to connect another active sub (2nd) from an amplifier which has only 1 preout

pepe0427

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015
I have a 5.1 speaker set up for my Yamaha Rxv475 with only one sub preout being used for my active subwooper. I want to use another active 200w sub. How and where to connect this 2nd sub.
Can i use a Y splitter from this one preout source?
Pepe0427

madmatt30

Honorable
You can mate yes.
What's the sub you're thinking of adding??
Some will take a speaker loop out as well as a digital lfe input.
You need to match the new sub as closely as possible mate though - its a nightmare synchronising 2 sub's at the best of times - it took me an age with 2 closely matched sub's & a sony amp with dual sub outputs & an auto microphone setup system

madmatt30

Honorable
You can mate yes.
What's the sub you're thinking of adding??
Some will take a speaker loop out as well as a digital lfe input.
You need to match the new sub as closely as possible mate though - its a nightmare synchronising 2 sub's at the best of times - it took me an age with 2 closely matched sub's & a sony amp with dual sub outputs & an auto microphone setup system

Ra_V_en

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
Yep Y splitter will do... not sure its good idea to put 2 subs tho its sometimes far more effective just to pick the better one. You might tweaking with phase shifting +-180deg for better effect or in some areas sound waves can reduce/magnify itself at some frequency especially when those subs are different models.

Edit: Ups already someone made similar conclusion :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Audio 0
D Audio 1
T Audio 3
T Audio 1
choeandrew1208 Audio 0
dopeeh Audio 1
T Audio 0
A Audio 4
J Audio 1
N Audio 1
K Audio 4