How to connect HDMI (ARC) Receiver to Non Arc TV

MKUNA

Estimable
Aug 8, 2015
I have connected my Marantz sr5009 to my old Samsung TV which is non Arc HDMI. I Can view video on Tv and sound thru Receiver but. If on Receiver Standby I only see video but no sound thru TV Speakers. The Tv has no digital output but only RCA Audio out.How do I connect both equipments.Thanks.

ARC has nothing to do here. ARC is when say you have a smart TV and have netflix and pandora built into the TV, then the TV can send the Audio along an HDMI INPUT back to the receiver so you still get audio into your receiver without the audio source being connected to the receiver.

Maybe it's something in the passthrough settings. That is whatever input is passed through the receiver directly to the TV when it's in standby. This has nothing to do with ARC though.

MKUNA

Estimable
Aug 8, 2015
You maybe right. I have connected all source equipments to Receiver HDMI (ARC). Receiver settings: HDMI Pass Through is ON and HDMI Controll is OFF..Still no sound at TV Speakers during Standby Mode of Receiver though TV has picture. Is there any other Audio settings or cable connection needed?