How to connect LG TV to Bluetooth headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_507

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
I have an LG 43LH590V that I am trying to connect to some Bluetooth headphones.

The TV doesn't have a Bluetooth connection, so I have purchased http://, and have connected the TV to it by the red and white (RCA) wires.

Pairs the headphone and adaptor, but nothing. It seems I can't get the audio to stop coming out of the speakers and via the RCA wires.

When I look on the TV sound settings, there are four options:
1 - Internal TV Speaker
2 - Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC)
3 - LG Sound Sync (Optical)
4 - Internal TV Speaker + Audio Out (Optical)

Can anyone help me succeed in connecting to Bluetooth headphones? What is the point in the RCA (red and white ports) if audio won't come out of the Tv?

Bit of a novice, so please bear with me!

Thanks in advance

Solution
Hi, on the back of the TV, the two red an white RCA plugs you have used for connecting your bluetooth transmitter, are these plugs sitting next to another red plug, a blue plug, and a half green, half yellow plug? And have these got "COMPONENT IN / AV IN" Printed near by?

If so, these red and white RCA's are audio INPUTS, rather than OUTPUTS.

Your best bet, would be to purchase one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neoteck-Converter-Digital-Optical-Coaxial/dp/B01H6ILOTE/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1499761495&sr=1-3&keywords=optical+to+analog+converter

This box will convert the optical digital output from the TV to an analogue signal. It plugs into the Optical OUTPUT of the TV, and then you plug your bluetooth transmitter...
Hi, on the back of the TV, the two red an white RCA plugs you have used for connecting your bluetooth transmitter, are these plugs sitting next to another red plug, a blue plug, and a half green, half yellow plug? And have these got "COMPONENT IN / AV IN" Printed near by?

If so, these red and white RCA's are audio INPUTS, rather than OUTPUTS.

Your best bet, would be to purchase one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neoteck-Converter-Digital-Optical-Coaxial/dp/B01H6ILOTE/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1499761495&sr=1-3&keywords=optical+to+analog+converter

This box will convert the optical digital output from the TV to an analogue signal. It plugs into the Optical OUTPUT of the TV, and then you plug your bluetooth transmitter into the red and white RCA's on the other side.

Also, dont forget to switch your bluetooth box to the 'TX' position.

I hope this helps, do let me know how you get on!

regards,
K.

Solution

Chris_507

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017

Thanks for the reply.....in between posting and receiving your answer, I did exactly what you had suggested after some more reading up. Bought the exact same connector, and was very pleased to come home from work today and try it out! SUCCESS!

Thanks again,
Chris

Ah that's great! No problem, very glad to help.

Good luck, and happy listening!

Kind regards,
K.

Reactions: catchgarry
Status
Not open for further replies.