How to connect Samsung home theater to Sony laptop

You can't use the laptop display to watch discs playing on the HTS. You can use the HTS for audio when you use the laptop.
Connect the headphone out of the laptop to the single analog input the HTS has. If you can set the headphone out as a line level output in the audio device panel then do that. If not start with the laptop volume at about 1/3. If the volume is too loud it will overload the input of the HTS and you will get constant distortion. Use the HTS to control the volume not the laptop.

You can't use the laptop display to watch discs playing on the HTS. You can use the HTS for audio when you use the laptop.
Connect the headphone out of the laptop to the single analog input the HTS has. If you can set the headphone out as a line level output in the audio device panel then do that. If not start with the laptop volume at about 1/3. If the volume is too loud it will overload the input of the HTS and you will get constant distortion. Use the HTS to control the volume not the laptop.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Audio 1
T Audio 1
T Audio 2
P Audio 2
asafb26 Audio 0
A Audio 4
J Audio 4
J Audio 4
M Audio 1
J Audio 2
C Audio 4
R Audio 1
D Audio 2
B Audio 1
N Audio 1
K Audio 1
P Audio 1
N Audio 1
L Audio 2
A Audio 2
Similar threads
Question DAC converter doesn’t connect to tv (it does on ps3/ps4 though -help)
Question How do I connect from rca to Samsung UE65KS8080?
Question Connecting a subwoofer to Samsung HW-MS660/650 Soundbar
Question Connecting headphones via wire to Samsung Smart Curved TV
Question Connect external speakers to my Samsung TV
Question Bluetooth speaker connect to Samsung Soundbar
Question FD3800x connection to Samsung nu6100?
Question Help - Connecting Bose Lifestyle 28 (series 1) to Samsung Smart TV 65F9000
How to connect samsung 6 series 55 to samsung sound bar
Solved! How to connect older Kenwood model 104 AR AM FM receiver to new Samsung 7 series UHD TV
How to connect my Samsung ht-e350 home theater to my LG 50LF6000
How to connect my roku to my samsung blu ray player home theater
Connecting new samsung TV to old panasonic home theater system
how to connect bluetooth adaptor for 5.1 Ht-H4500R/XL samsung home theater. is it works?
How can I connect my Samsung blu ray home theater system speaker to a pre wired home theater? Do I need a more powerful receiv
Hi I have new Samsung smart tv and my home theaters is LG and I connect them through HDMI cable but sound is not coming
Home theater connection on Samsung UHD tv problem.
I am trying to connect my sony home theater(BDV-3200) with HD+ set top box and Samsung 32inch led tv(H4140), for best surround
I'm having hard time to connect my RCA home theater system to my Samsung TV? I need help?
Unable to connect Samsung smart TV with Panasonic home theater while watching youtube video!

ASK THE COMMUNITY