How to connect Sennheiser HD558 to PS4?

Wrathen

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
So I'm new to console gaming so I'm sorry if t his comes off sounding stupid. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 558 I use while playing games and listening to audio on my PC. Well I want to use them for my PS4 I just got... but I cant figure out how. On the pack of the PS4 there is only an optical audio out and a HDMI out.

I tried plugging my headset into the port on the bottom of the controller but that doesnt do anything for me.... So what do I need to make this work? Do I need some kind of amp? is so what would be the best amp under $50.

PS
If there is a cheaper route I would love to go that way but I still want my headset to sound good.

Thanks,
-Wrathen

edit:
Do I need something like an Astro Mixamp?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Audio 8
W Audio 0
R Audio 2
T Audio 2
N Audio 1
A Audio 7
G Audio 0
O Audio 2
C Audio 3
T Audio 1
T Audio 1
T Audio 1
W Audio 3
G Audio 1
H Audio 3
I Audio 1
L Audio 1
T Audio 1
T Audio 1
Icaraeus Audio 4
Similar threads
Question HDMI connection not permitted with Pioneer VSX-LX302
Question Is it possible to connect 4 old wired speaker cabinets to a bluetooth device?
Question TV To Sound Bar Connection Incompatibility?
Question Why is a Bluetooth device shown in settings as "not connected" when I know it is
Question Connecting Kurzweil speakers and Klipsch subwoofer to PC
Question How to "connect iTunes" to a home stereo?
Question Toshiba Tv connects well with chrome cast but audio does not come from sound bar
Question Laptop PC that's connected to DAC connection to Sony AV Receiver (of 2012) for music listening
Question Connect a Vizio v51-h6 soundbar to a 2009 Panasonic TV
Question We have an old 5.1 Surround Sound DVD Player with speaker wire connections which has died.
Question Sennheiser HD569 sound is fine when I connect headphones directly to my monitor, but with extension cord only when I hold the mic-button.
Connect Sennheiser wireless headphones to new LG TV
How to connect Sennheiser RS 160 headphones to new Samsung TV model UN40MU6290FXZA with no audio out
how to get Sennheiser 160 digital RF headphones to connect to my Samsung 32 inch smart TV(2016-17 model))
Solved! Can I connect Sennheiser 926-928 mhz transmitter to a regular sized wireless speaker?
Can you connect the Sennheiser Game One to Xbox/PS4 and PC?
How to connect Sennheiser 363d Headset to xbox one
Connect headset's microphone to HD558, then to my pc?
Sennheiser PC 363D and SoundBlaster Z - Connection Question
How To Connect Multiple Headphones To Transmitter?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS