How to connect Sony D 100 to Amazon Echo and PC

jnauriyal

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
Can I connect Sony D 100 speaker system to Amazon Echo (via Bluetooth) and my PC (via Aux) at the same time?

I'm planning to take Amazon Echo Dot but only if I could connect it to my speaker system Sony D 100 (via Bluetooth) and also simultaneously to my PC (via Aux cable). Please help.

Also, how many Bluetooth device can be connected to Alexa at the same time (such as mobile, speaker system, etc)

Solution
I suspect you can't send audio from the Echo since it has it's own speaker built in but I am not sure. It's more likely to receive audio via BT rather than send it.
I think your idea of using the Echo Dot makes more sense. It's intended to send audio either via BT or a cable so it should connect to the Sony D100 via BT fine and leave the aux input for your PC.
You would want to leave the Sony D100 on and set to BT so you wouldn't have to turn it on every time you wanted to use Alexa to start sending music to it.
Most BT devices will only pair with one device at a time. Don't know for sure about the Amazon gear but if you don't find any information to the contrary that is what I would assume. After all they want you to buy more of them.
I suspect you can't send audio from the Echo since it has it's own speaker built in but I am not sure. It's more likely to receive audio via BT rather than send it.
I think your idea of using the Echo Dot makes more sense. It's intended to send audio either via BT or a cable so it should connect to the Sony D100 via BT fine and leave the aux input for your PC.
You would want to leave the Sony D100 on and set to BT so you wouldn't have to turn it on every time you wanted to use Alexa to start sending music to it.
Most BT devices will only pair with one device at a time. Don't know for sure about the Amazon gear but if you don't find any information to the contrary that is what I would assume. After all they want you to buy more of them.

Solution