how to connect speaker wires to a usb plug

ryl714

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
old speakers have nonremovable wires & I would like to convert the bare ends to a USB or other type of plug that would be able to be connected to a radio or CD/DVD player

McHenryB

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015
You can't just plug a speaker into a USB port on audio equipment. At best it won't work; at worst you will destroy the equipment. What audio output connectors does your unit have?

A CD or DVD player (not a home theater in a box) doesn't have amplifiers in it so you can't connect passive speakers like the ones you have to it without adding an amp.
If you have a headphone jack that won't power most speakers beyond a very low volume so you would need an amplifier here too.
If by radio you mean an old school table radio you can connect the bare wires to the speaker wire that connect the internal speaker. Best to disconnect the internal speaker
In no case would a USB do you any good except to blow things up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Audio 1
B Audio 1
K Audio 4
C Audio 1
E Audio 1
M Audio 2
C Audio 1
J Audio 1
F Audio 3
C Audio 1
W Audio 1
V Audio 13
A Audio 3
B Audio 2
J Audio 2
G Audio 7
S Audio 1
C Audio 2
A Audio 1
C Audio 2
Similar threads
Speaker Wire to RCA Connection from subwoofer to studio monitors is very quiet.
Have a Bluetooth receiver from a small 2 speaker sound bar want to wire it to aux cable to connect phone Bluetooth to non Blue
Solved! How do I connect Samsung PS-RC6600 speakers to my samsung tv? There is no place to connect wires, or switch to turn them on. T
I have a speaker with 4 wires, Red/ Red black stripe, Grey and blue wires. How do i connect to positive / Negative?
Connecting wired speakers to tv
How to connect my LG soundbar that includes wireless subwoofer to the wired subwoofer I already own?
How do I connect a red black and white speaker wire to a different wire that has gold red green and blue
connect from receiver to amp with speaker wire
Speaker wire connections are what color and what color are power connection wires
Can I connect a wireless speaker in a wired system
Connection wired polk sattelite speakers to denon bluetooth reciever
I bought Pioneer Vsx 330K amplifier but my subwoofer is passive can I connect the wires to front speaker
How to connect a subwoofer that uses speaker wire to receiver that has jack
How do you connect pre amp sub out rca Jack to negative and positive speaker wire subwoofer
How do I connect my subwoofer speaker wires to the HDMI on my tv
Two sets of wires out of AIWA speakers to connect to AKAI AM-2200 amplifier
Bare wire speaker plug connected to speakon jack
Connecting speaker with RCA input to receiver with speaker wire output
My edifier mp300 fall, all the connection inside satellite speaker with volume..i can fix all the wiring..can u show me pics h
I bought 2 speaker harbinger v2212 . I connect with mixer behringer xenyx1002 .but I don't understand what kinds of wire to co

ASK THE COMMUNITY