How to convert hard wire to post connection to rca type connector for speakers

chester_30

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Hello,

I have an old 3-speaker satellite system (by Design Acoustics and in great shape) and a new receiver. The receiver has a single RCA-type port for the subwoofer, but my subwoofer has 8 post type connections. Two of the connections power the right satellite speaker and two power the left. I can decouple these and connect them directly to the receiver, which has hard wire connections for the other speakers. However, for the subwoofer I have a left and right in and out post for a total of four more posts. I went to Radio Shack and Best Buy and they did not have "obvious" connectors for this situation. How best can I connect up the subwoofer? Or am I out of luck and need a new subwoofer?

The sub out on your receiver is meant for a self powered subwoofer which yours is not. Your options are to leave the satellites connected to the sub and connect that to the left/right front speaker outs of the receiver (set the receiver to large front speakers no sub) or you would need to purchase an amplifier for the sub. Just cables will not do the job.