How To Copy 4,000+ Photos To 8GB iPhone 4

G

When i used to be jailbroken, i would use iFile to view my photos because this meant i would not have to use iTunes to copy them and the storage on the device wouldn't be took up by hundreds of unwanted thumbnails.

I'm now on iOS 7 so no jailbreak.

I attempted to copy over 4,000 photos to my 8GB iPhone 4 today using iTunes, and it came up that it would take up almost 7GB of storage on the device. iOS 7 uses 1GB so that would mean i had nothing left.

The funny thing is, the photos are only about 300MB, but using iTunes it expands them up to 7GB as said above. I can only assume these are thumbnails that ae taking up the room.

Is there any way i can copy files to my iPhone without iTunes and view them on the device in an application other than the default Photos one, which doesn't produce thumbnails?

Unfortunately online storage is not an option.

If anyone knows another solution, please, please say...

Thanks

Solution
There is no way that thumbnails or metadata will take up an extra 6+ gig of data. I'm thinking the photos take up more than 300mb of space.

Check your files again. 4,000 files taking up 300mb is only 75k per file, those are very small picture files if they take up that little space. A decent size and quality picture should be over 1mb. 4,000 regular pictures at a normal 1mb + size = about 6gig.

You can use a batch picture editor to edit the files down in size and/or quality if you want them all on the phone. You'd want to create a different directry for the converted files, otherwise you will have lower quality pictures as the originals as well instead of just smaller copies for the phone.
There is no way that thumbnails or metadata will take up an extra 6+ gig of data. I'm thinking the photos take up more than 300mb of space.

Check your files again. 4,000 files taking up 300mb is only 75k per file, those are very small picture files if they take up that little space. A decent size and quality picture should be over 1mb. 4,000 regular pictures at a normal 1mb + size = about 6gig.

You can use a batch picture editor to edit the files down in size and/or quality if you want them all on the phone. You'd want to create a different directry for the converted files, otherwise you will have lower quality pictures as the originals as well instead of just smaller copies for the phone.

Solution